logo_image
You are not logged in. Please login or register. Active topics | Unanswered topics | Search
You must login or register to post a reply
Posts [ 10 ]

KarenNfld

06/13/12 7:43:32am

I just voted in the Emotioins contest. I got this message:

You have met the minimum requirement for voting.

You have an acceptable overall voting average of 7.0000

You have given too many high votes (9's & 10's).

I don't understand how I gave too many high votes. There were 3 pictures, I gave one 9 and no 10. Explain please?

JonathanEger

Administrator

06/13/12 15:31:28pm

There is a more detailed description of how the voting works here.

The cliff notes version is that only 20% of your votes can be 1's or 2's, and only 20% of your votes can be 9's or 10's.

Since there are not many entries for the contest you are voting on, this means the lowest vote you can give is a 3 and the highest vote you can give will be an 8.

The purpose of this parameter is to reduce "troll" voting. The system also helps ensure that contests with low entries do not end up with extremely low or high averages.

KarenNfld

06/13/12 17:26:00pm

So what happens to the 9 I gave out? Will it be scrubbed?

Obviously this is your site and you can do as you please but if I think a photo deserves a 9 I should be able to give it no matter how many or how few pics there are in a challenge.

JonathanEger

Administrator

06/13/12 18:16:33pm

We don't scrub votes, which is why we chose the restrictions.

If there were more entries  it wouldn't be a problem, but unfortunately the last few contests haven't been very busy.

Mark-A

07/19/12 4:02:12am
JonathanEger wrote:

If there were more entries  it wouldn't be a problem, but unfortunately the last few contests haven't been very busy.

Jon with reference to my first post in the other thread if you are struggling to make numbers for challenges then can I suggest opening up member submissions / voting to everyone for say at least 6 months (essentially make the site free) and get user participation up before charging. I just think you might have started charging for something that isn't ready for a paid subscription yet and in doing so you could be setting the site up to a very short lived or extremely limited existence. This is not meant in a negative way I'd love to see the site do well especially if your intention is to adapt the site as users mention useful features that they might like to see included. Get the membership up then do a poll to see if it's viable to charge (x) amount for a membership side to the site and how many would be willing to pay for it, there will by then be many new features you could offer to the paid members only I am sure.

Mark.

JonathanEger

Administrator

07/22/12 15:24:31pm
Mark-A wrote:

JonathanEger wrote:

Jon with reference to my first post in the other thread if you are struggling to make numbers for challenges then can I suggest opening up member submissions / voting to everyone for say at least 6 months (essentially make the site free) and get user participation up before charging. I just think you might have started charging for something that isn't ready for a paid subscription yet and in doing so you could be setting the site up to a very short lived or extremely limited existence. This is not meant in a negative way I'd love to see the site do well especially if your intention is to adapt the site as users mention useful features that they might like to see included. Get the membership up then do a poll to see if it's viable to charge (x) amount for a membership side to the site and how many would be willing to pay for it, there will by then be many new features you could offer to the paid members only I am sure.

Mark.

Thanks for the feedback Mark. I've been contemplating this lately, so I definitely think there is some merit to your idea.

ETA: We've decided to lower the membership fees. You can read more Here

Mark-A

08/09/12 4:56:33am

Hi Jon,

This is excellent news, I have been popping in here over the last week or so but haven't had time to post back it's just been manic here.

Anyway you will soon have 5 new members because my wife, my stepson, my two daughters and myself will all sign up. On that note do we have to do a disclaimer or anything for under 13 year olds?

JonathanEger wrote:

Mark-A wrote:

JonathanEger wrote:

Mark.

Thanks for the feedback Mark. I've been contemplating this lately, so I definitely think there is some merit to your idea.

ETA: We've decided to lower the membership fees. You can read more Here

VitaminB

08/09/12 14:44:22pm
Mark-A wrote:

Hi Jon,

Anyway you will soon have 5 new members because my wife, my stepson, my two daughters and myself will all sign up. On that note do we have to do a disclaimer or anything for under 13 year olds?

Really excited about this!!!!! big_smile   The more the merrier.

JonathanEger

Administrator

08/10/12 5:09:06am
Mark-A wrote:

Hi Jon,

This is excellent news, I have been popping in here over the last week or so but haven't had time to post back it's just been manic here.

I will create a waiver for minors and get it to you ASAP.

JonathanEger

Administrator

09/09/12 15:36:58pm

We have created a form for person's 13 years of age or younger. It can be found HERE.

For more information, please check the FAQ page.

Posts [ 10 ]
You must login or register to post a reply