logo_image
You are not logged in. Please login or register. Active topics | Unanswered topics | Search
You must login or register to post a reply
Posts [ 4 ]

Venser

07/25/12 9:38:41am

I've been trying to get my brother and some friends to join this site and in the past, a different site, to no avail. They all do the photo-a-day challenge, self imposed, but when we tried to make a themed day were we each photographer had a full week to shoot, it fell apart quite rapidly.

When I ask about the reluctance, they don't like the restrictions of the challenge topic. I wonder if this is the major barrier for most potential members.

So I ask, why did you join?
With others you know, why don't they join contest sites like this?

CS

JonathanEger

Administrator

07/31/12 10:28:42am

When I first joined a contest site, I did so in order to get some honest feedback on my photography. It gave me motivation to get out shooting since there were specific topics and deadlines for each contest. It's also a great way to meet other photographers.

Pete-A

09/01/12 12:43:56pm

I joined this and other sites to give me the inspiration to shoot. I am a lazy photographer and challenges get me out.

Venser

02/28/13 9:05:30am
JonathanEger wrote:

It's also a great way to meet other photographers.

I joined the TPMG (Toronto Photography Meet-up Group) last month. Haven't done anything with them yet, but they try to organize photo shoots at various locations around Toronto. They also make short trips to other locations not too far away. I believe right now they're trying to organize a private sessions at Reptilia.

I'm pretty solitary when I shoot. I don't need a group, or even a reason, to head out and do some photography. Just wondering if you or Brad either knew about the group or people who are already members. Worst case scenario it'll be more contacts.

Posts [ 4 ]
You must login or register to post a reply